The Centre offers training and workshops for therapists in the community. This programming has a focus on trauma treatment and clients that have experienced trauma.
If you wish to get information, please email the Centre at to be added to our mailing list
Linda Graham, MFT Presents
"Bouncing Back, Moving Forward: Resilience and Post-Traumatic Growth”
*Please note: this event is virtual, event platform details will be provided closer to the event date.
Training Recordings will be available for 30 days
Friday, April 23rd & Saturday, April, 24th, 2021
Trauma is a fact of life. It doesn’t have to be a life sentence. -
Peter Levine, developer of Somatic Experiencing trauma therapy
People learn and grow from meeting the challenges and adversities of the human condition when they have enough support, resources, and skills to do so. In this workshop, you will learn skills, strategies and tools that will help your clients strengthen the neural circuitry of response flexibility in their brains. Whether they are coping with small annoyances or full-blown disasters, these practices will help your clients become more competent at dealing with any level of disruption to their resilience.
The latest research in post-traumatic growth has identified five factors in helping clients fully recover from trauma, tragedies and disruptive life experiences: acceptance of reality; resourcing with family, friends and community; recognizing the positive in the midst of difficulty; writing a new narrative of the event(s) within a larger life story; and appreciating the new life that emerges because of the difficulties and not just in spite of them.
Drawing on modern neuroscience, Linda Graham will show you how to apply practices to each of these factors. You will learn specific interventions that will help rewire your clients’ neural circuitries so that they are better equipped to take growth-enhancing risks that not only enable them to survive hard times but to thrive in their midst.
You will learn skills, strategies and tools to help your clients:
• reverse the impact of stress and trauma and recover the baseline physiological equilibrium of the nervous system in ways that are safe, efficient, and effective
• regulate surges of powerful emotions to come out of contraction and reactivity, out of anxiety, depression, grief, loneliness and guilt, to heal toxic shame and retire the inner critic
• counteract the negativity bias of the brain and rewire automatic coping behaviours that would derail their resilience and block their learning, even when seemingly stuck and intractable
• re-connect with people who can serve as effective refuges and resources of safety and healing
• strengthen the executive functioning of the higher brain to discern options and make wise choices that lead to thriving and flourishing
You will also learn the lifestyle choices that protect the functioning of your own brain as you care for others, avoiding compassion fatigue and burnout.
Linda Graham, LMFT is an experienced psychotherapist and mindful self-compassion teacher in the San Francisco Bay Area. She is the author of Resilience: Powerful Practices for Bouncing Back from Disappointment, Difficulty, and Even Disaster and Bouncing Back: Rewiring Your Brain for Maximum Resilience and Well-Being. Linda integrates modern neuroscience, mindfulness practices and relational psychology in her international training and workshops. Her weekly Resources for Recovering Resilience are archived at www.lindagraham-mft.net.
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION
COMING IN FALL 2021
Working with Trauma-Related Shame and Self-Loathing
October 28-29, 2021
*Please note: this event will be virtual, event details will be provided soon